Thursday, August 05, 2004

 

MS DTC Issue Solved

Well, after spending quite some time playing around with the firewall and ipconfig I figured out what the problem was.

DTC for some reason requires both the machines to be able to communicate with each other using their hostnames. The problem in my case was that even though my machine could connect to the server through the specified hostname (in the connectiong string), the server couldn't talk back to my machine with the given hostname (that was probably sent by the underlying DTC classes when it made the call).

So to remedy this situation I had to manually add the IP mapping to my machine in the hosts file. The mapping file is called 'hosts' and is at '%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\'.

Lets see what the next challenge is going to be!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?